We are pleased to offer for sale this 1998 Spanish Settlement of the Southwest 32 Cent US Postage Stamp MNH Sheet of 20 Scott #3220. Stamp Sheet Information
- Country: United States
- Stamp Name: Spanish Settlement of the Southwest
- First Day Cover Issue Date: July 11th, 1998
- Denomination: 32 Cents
- Scott Numbers 3220 La Mision de San Miguel de San Gabriel, Española, NM
- Illustration Numbers A2501 La Mision de San Miguel de San Gabriel, Española. NM
- Color: Multicolored
- Condition: MNH (Mint Never Hinged). Stamp Sheet is a stock photo. Plate positions may vary.
- Sheet Size: 20 stamps, 4 across 5 down
- History: In 1598, Don Juan de Oñate led an expedition to build the first European settlement west of the Mississippi River at San Gabriel. Three years earlier, he was granted a request by Spanish King Phillip II to colonize the northern frontier of New Spain and spread Roman Catholicism in what is now New Mexico. Crossing the Rio Grande near El Paso, he claimed the entire territory across the river to the Spanish Empire. Founding the Province of Santa Fe de Nuevo Mexico, Don Juan de Oñate set up camp among the Pueblo Indians, becoming the first colonial governor of what we now call New Mexico.
All of our stamp sheets ship in a Supersafe Mint Sheet Page for protection and display. We recommend Supersafe King Sized Binders to store all your Mint Sheet Pages. Supersafe King Sized Binders come in four colors: Black, Blue, Grey, and Red. We carry a huge selection of Stamp Collecting Supplies!
Check out our entire selection of Stamp Sheets!
MPN: Scott #3220