We are pleased to offer for sale this 1997 Department of the Air Force 50th Anniversary 32 Cent US Postage Stamp MNH Sheet of 20 Scott #3167. Stamp Sheet Information
- Country: United States
- Stamp Name: Department of the Air Force 50th Anniversary
- First Day Cover Issue Date: September 18th, 1997
- Denomination: 32 Cents
- Scott Number: 3167 Thunderbirds Aerial Demonstration Squadron
- Illustration Number: A2450 Thunderbirds Aerial Demonstration Squadron
- Color: Multicolored
- Condition: MNH (Mint Never Hinged). Stamp Sheet is a stock photo. Plate positions may vary.
- Sheet Size: 20 stamps, 4 across 5 down
- History: On September 18th, 1947, the Department of the Air Force was formed under the National Security Act of 1947. Although it is the newest branch of the military, the Air Force is the largest and most technologically advanced. One of three Military Departments within the Department of Defense, the Department of the Air Force is headed by the Secretary of Air Force. This civilian position has the authority to administer all of the department's affairs. The highest ranking military officer is the Chief of Staff of the Air Force, who is the senior adviser to the Secretary. The main objective of the Air Force is to provide air support to the troops on the ground, as well as aid in their recovery.
All of our stamp sheets ship in a Supersafe Mint Sheet Page for protection and display. We recommend Supersafe King Sized Binders to store all your Mint Sheet Pages. Supersafe King Sized Binders come in four colors: Black, Blue, Grey, and Red. We carry a huge selection of Stamp Collecting Supplies!
Check out our entire selection of Stamp Sheets!
MPN: Scott #3167