We are pleased to offer for sale this 1998 American Music Series - Folk Musicians 32 Cent US Postage Stamp MNH Sheet of 20 Scott #3212-#3215. Stamp Sheet Information
- Country: United States
- Stamp Name: American Music Series - Folk Musicians
- First Day Cover Issue Date: June 26th, 1998
- Denomination: 32 Cents
- + Scott Numbers... - Scott Numbers
- 3212 Huddie "Leadbelly" Ledbetter
- 3213 Woody Guthrie
- 3214 Sonny Terry
- 3215 Josh White
- + Illustration Numbers... - Illustration Numbers
- A2493 Huddie "Leadbelly" Ledbetter
- A2494 Woody Guthrie
- A2495 Sonny Terry
- A2496 Josh White
- Color: Multicolored
- Condition: MNH (Mint Never Hinged). Stamp Sheet is a stock photo. Plate positions may vary.
- Sheet Size: 20 stamps, 4 across 5 down
- History: American folk music includes multiple different genres including bluegrass, country, gospel, and blues. Because it served as a basis of other American music like rock and roll, rhythm and blues, and jazz, it is also referred to as "roots music." Modern folk music was most popular in the first three decades of the 20th century. The Great Depression and Dust Bowl helped to spread the popularity of folk music. Different regions had different forms of folk music, such as the Cajun music of Louisiana, and the Appalachian music of the Eastern part of the country. Folk music has been the influence of many popular artists for decades since its revival of the early 20th century.
All of our stamp sheets ship in a Supersafe Mint Sheet Page for protection and display. We recommend Supersafe King Sized Binders to store all your Mint Sheet Pages. Supersafe King Sized Binders come in four colors: Black, Blue, Grey, and Red. We carry a huge selection of Stamp Collecting Supplies!
Check out our entire selection of Stamp Sheets!
MPN: Scott #3212, #3213, #3214, #3215