We are pleased to offer for sale this 1997 Football Coach - Bear Bryant 32 Cent US Postage Stamp MNH Sheet of 20 Scott #3148. Stamp Sheet Information
- Country: United States
- Stamp Name: Football Coaches - Bear Bryant
- First Day Cover Issue Date: July 25th, 1997
- Denomination: 32 Cents
- Scott Number: 3148 Bear Bryant
- Illustration Number: A2430 Bear Bryant
- Color: Multicolored
- Condition: MNH (Mint Never Hinged). Stamp Sheet is a stock photo. Plate positions may vary.
- Sheet Size: 20 stamps, 4 across 5 down
- History: Best known for being the head football coach of the University of Alabama, Paul William "Bear" Bryant (September 11, 1913 - January 26, 1983) compiled six national championships and thirteen conference championships during his 25-year tenure. With his trademark black and white hat and rolled-up game plan in hand, Bear Bryant tallied up 323 wins, which was the record for head coaches of collegiate football when he retired in 1982. Bear earned the famous nickname when he was 13 because he agreed to wrestle a captive bear at a carnival. Upon retiring, Bear was asked what he planned to do with his life after football. He responded, "Probably croak in a week." Ironically enough, Bryant died of a massive heart attack four weeks later.
All of our stamp sheets ship in a Supersafe Mint Sheet Page for protection and display. We recommend Supersafe King Sized Binders to store all your Mint Sheet Pages. Supersafe King Sized Binders come in four colors: Black, Blue, Grey, and Red. We carry a huge selection of Stamp Collecting Supplies!
Check out our entire selection of Stamp Sheets!
MPN: Scott #3148