We are pleased to offer for sale this 2000 Patricia Roberts Harris 33 Cent US Postage Stamp Sheet Unused Sheet of 20 Scott #3371 Stamp Sheet Information:
- Country: United States
- Stamp Name: Patricia Roberts Harris of the Black Heritage Series
- First Day Cover Issue: January 27, 2000
- Denomination: 33 Cents
- Scott Number: 3371 Patricia Roberts Harris (1924 - 1985)
- Illustration Number: A2603 Patricia Roberts Harris (1924 - 1985)
- Color: Multicolored
- Condition: Unused. Stamp sheet is a stock photo. Plate positions may vary.
- Sheet Size: 20 stamps. 5 across, 4 down.
- History: Patricia Roberts Harris (May 31, 1924 - March 23, 1985) was born in Mattoon, Illinois. Patricia was a dedicated student who was raised by a single mother. Her academic efforts paid off in 1941, when she was awarded a scholarship to Howard University in Washington, DC. She graduated with honors in 1945 and continued her education at the University of Chicago studying industrial relations. In 1965, President Lyndon B. Johnson appointed Patricia to be the U.S. Ambassador to Luxembourg making her the first African-American woman to represent the United States abroad. Throughout her political career she set more milestones for African-American women such as the first to serve as a U.S. Cabinet Member (Under President Jimmy Carter) and the first to head a Cabinet department (Department of Housing and Urban Development). During her late years she taught at George Washington University Law School.
All of our stamp sheets ship in a Supersafe Mint Sheet Page for protection and display. We recommend Supersafe King Sized Binders to store all your Mint Sheet Pages. Supersafe King Sized Binders come in four colors: Black , Blue , Grey , and Red. We carry a huge selection of Stamp Collecting Supplies!
Check out our entire selection of Stamp Sheets!
MPN: Scott #3371