We are pleased to offer for sale this 2008 "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" 42 Cent US Postage Stamp Unused Sheet of 20 Scott #4341. Stamp Sheet Information:
- Country: United States
- Stamp Name: "Take Me Out To the Ballgame"
- First Day Cover Issue: July 16th, 2008
- Denomination: 42 Cents
- Scott Number: 4341 "Take Me Out To the Ballgame"
- Illustration Number: A3303 "Take Me Out To the Ballgame"
- Color: Multicolored
- Condition: Unused. Stamp sheet is a stock photo. Plate positions may vary.
- Sheet Size: 20 stamps. 5 across, 4 down.
- History: The baseball craze hit the New York metropolitan area in the mid-1850's. By 1856, the sport became commonly referred to as the "national pastime." By the late 1800's baseball was considered to be the "national sport" of the United States. This stamp sheet portrays a baseball player from the beginning era of baseball. His garb and glove are very simple when compared to the equipment used to play the game today. "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" is a song written in 1908 by Jack Norworth and is still sung today during the middle of the 7th inning which is traditionally known as the “7th Inning Stretch.”
All of our stamp sheets ship in a Supersafe Mint Sheet Page for protection and display. We recommend Supersafe King Sized Binders to store all your Mint Sheet Pages. Supersafe King Sized Binders come in four colors: Black, Blue, Grey, and Red. We carry a huge selection of Stamp Collecting Supplies!
Check out our entire selection of Stamp Sheets!
MPN: Scott #4341