We are pleased to offer for sale this Star Trek 2017 Five Captains 2oz Silver Colored Glow in the Dark Coin from the Royal Canadian Mint.. ALL CAPTAINS ON THE BRIDGE! And it glows in the dark!
Picard. Janeway. Archer. Sisko. Kirk.
To the millions of fans, they served as our leaders in this fictional journey across the stars. They taught us about trust and loyalty, integrity and compassion, and above all, dedication. Through the strength of their character and the conviction of their beliefs, they served as a moral compass in times of conflict and embodied our hopes for the future of humanity.
Whether commanding a starship or a space station, each of these five captains defined their respective television series. Their distinctly different styles of leadership inspired their crew—and us, the viewers—to follow them time and time again as they rose to the challenges that come with boldly going "where no man has ever gone before."
Celebrate the entire Star Trek franchise with this must-have collectible!
- A CULTURAL PHENOMENON! The Royal Canadian Mint continues its tribute to a pop culture phenomenon.
- FIRST-TIME APPEARANCE OF ALL FIVE CAPTAINS! We're not just celebrating The Original Series—we're celebrating the entire Star Trek franchise!
- A CAPTAIN FOR EVERY FAN! From The Original Series to Enterprise, each of the five captains represents their respective television series, which continue to inspire us!
- GLOWS IN THE DARK! In daylight, color over engraving recreates the portraits of the legendary captains; when viewed in the dark, your coin reveals a glowing image of U.S.S. Enterprise in flight, along with the iconic Delta Shield Insignia!
- LOW MINTAGE! Only 5,000 coins are available worldwide!
- INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE! The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins. Most of these are serialized certifications, meaning that each certificate is given a unique number, starting at 1.
- CRAFTED FROM 2 OZ. PURE SILVER!
Your coin features a rich color application over the engraved portraits of the five captains of the Star Trek television series. From left to right, there's Benjamin Sisko (played by Avery Brooks) of Star Trek : Deep Space Nine (1993-1999); Jonathan Archer (portrayed by Scott Bakula) of the most recent series, Star Trek: Enterprise (2001-2005); James T. Kirk (Canadian actor William Shatner) from Star Trek: The Original Series (1966-1969); Jean-Luc Picard (Sir Patrick Stewart) from Star Trek: The Next Generation (1987-1994); and Kathryn Janeway (Kate Mulgrew) of Star Trek: Voyager (1995-2001). The portraits are positioned around an engraved Delta Shield Insignia and against a space background; they gently overlap the outer band in which the words "CANADA", "STAR TREK" and the year "2017" are engraved.
When viewed in the dark, glow-in-the-dark elements reveal a second image on the reverse—a head-on view of U.S.S. Enterprise in flight. Between the Enterprise's phaser beams lies an illuminated Delta Shield Insignia, which became the identifying emblem of Starfleet; it bears the five-point star that is indicative of a command rank.