We are pleased to offer for sale this Gold Panning Starter Kit. If you may be interested in the potentially lucrative hobby of panning for gold, this gold pan kit is an excellent place to start! This Gold Pan Kit is used for prospecting and testing of deposits of heavy minerals. Included with this kit are two gold pans, a 10" pan and a 14" pan, three glass bottles for gold flakes, and illuminated magnifying tweezers. Both Gold Pans are designed with ridges to trap fine gold or other heavy minerals, and both are made from heavy duty, high impact plastic. The Mini Glass Bottle measures 1 3/4" in height and 9/16" in diamter, and holds a volume of 5ml (0.17 fluid oz.). The Illuminated Magnifying Tweezers feature a 4X magnification, a glass lens, and a white LED light.
Information on How to Pan for Gold!
- Shovel a small amount of material (4-5 handfuls) into your Gold Pan. Make sure all material in the pan is wet. Break up any clumps of material and remove large rocks.
- Swirl the Gold Pan in a counter-clockwise motion. Swirling does 2 things: 1) Allows gold to begin settling at the bottom of the Gold Pan. 2) Brings unwanted dirt and gravel to the top of the Gold Pan.
- Alter swirling motion to a gentle "side to side" motion which helps with the gold settling to the bottom of the Gold Pan.
- Tip your Gold Pan and allow the current to rinse of the top layer of dirt and gravel. **Be careful to only rinse one layer at a time, gold could be washed away if too much material is rinsed at once.
- Slowly move your Gold Pan forwards and backwards to assist in the washing away of unwanted materials.
- Repeat steps 2 through 5 until you only have a few spoonfuls of material left in your Gold Pan. This material usually looks like black sand.
- Look in your pan for gold flakes or slivers, if they are present swirl hard enough to keep them collected at the bottom of the Gold Pan.
- Collect your GOLD and celebrate!!